Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday's are one of my favorite days of the week, simply because it means that I get to visit all my precious babies at the orphanage. Today, I was able to sit and use what little Bambara that I know with a little girl named Fanna. Her mother works at the orphanage, and she therefore has to tag along and help do whatever needs to be done. She is only five years old and already knows so much about caring for infants. I got to help her do the chores that to me seem so great for such a small child, and after we braided the hair of a baby doll. You can immediately tell who did what braid, as mine are thick and lumpy, and hers seem to be flawless. (African's are incredible at braiding hair.) I am so encouraged to learn the language, so that I can better communicate the love of Jesus to the children of Bamako. Pray for Fanna, Assatou, and Awa.. All incredible little girls, with incredible purpose ahead of them.

1 comment:

  1. This is so touching Ariel! May the Love of Christ be conveyed through your touch, your voice, your arms, and your smile even if words are never understood!

    ReplyDelete