Sunday, April 10, 2011

I continue to be affected by the amount of satisfaction found by those that seemingly have nothing to be satisfied with.  Yesterday, as I was leaving lunch.. A little girl ran up to us. Her tiny palms were stretched out and open, asking without words to not be left empty handed. I then proceeded to give her a  half empty water bottle.  The biggest  smile stretched across her face and she began to jump and to giggle. I stood amazed that something of no value could mean so much to someone.  We went back there again today, and she ran up to us with that same smile already embracing her soft face. She remembered us. This may seem like an insignificant experience.. But as I search for the Lord’s purpose in being here,  I choose, just like a small girl, to be satisfied with those small things. It is, after all, the small things that make a big difference.

1 comment:

  1. That is oh so true and yet sometimes takes a life time to learn. I am so glad that you have gained this concept at such a young age. Pray for those all over the globe who have yet to learn this. Pray for the American church and many who have not yet grasped that the small things make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete