Sunday, February 13, 2011

The topic that the Lord has, and continues to speak to me about is the transformation of my mind. I cannot love people until I have a full understanding of God's love for me. Understanding does not come through different doctrine or teaching. I'm honestly quite sick of  hearing what man thinks about God. I want to learn who God is, and I want to learn who He is from Him. I think that the most difficult part is having to strip away everything that I already think about God, and relearn Him. Transformation can only occur when I have been stripped of all preconceived ideas, so that new ones may be poured in. The Lord is certainly doing so here in Mali, and I am already gaining new understanding from the best teacher that there is. The Lord is always faithful to speak to me through His word, and I am so grateful that He has given me ears to hear, when I am willing to listen. This week we embark on more adventures. We will be visiting and aids orphanage, teaching English in a 90% Muslim school, learning more language, and learning more about Jesus. I think that's enough to be stoked for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment