Monday, June 6, 2011



Now that we Safer’s have been here for a few months, we are each looking for our “niche”  where we feel we want to spend the majority of our time in ministry.  Quite honestly, I was having a rather difficult time discovering this, and feeling like I had purpose in anything that I was doing.. But, through lots and lots of prayer and confirmation, I feel like I have indeed found that special place.

This morning, I packed all of my painting mediums into a cardboard box and headed out the door. I walked to a small boutique in our neighborhood, and asked if I could sit outside and paint. Given the go, I positioned my canvas and pulled out my brushes. It did not take long to have small groups of people stopping and watching for short periods of time. Two little girls, Fatimata and Mari, had been sitting closely for quite a while, so I decided to direct my painting towards what would be likeable, and understandable to a child. Well, by the time I had finished, my little friends were nowhere to be found and shockingly there were no other kids around. To my surprise, there were seven to ten grown men standing and watching intently.  One of them began to express that he liked it, so I handed it to him. He seemed rather elated, and all the others took turns holding and looking.  

I was quite shocked that something that had been created for the eye of a child, was found pleasing to the eye of an adult. God does indeed use the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. He is so faithful to speak to us when we are finally ready to hear.. And He has so much purpose even in things that seem insignificant. I hope to be able to continue going out and painting weekly. My goal is to put subliminal messages about the Lord inside of my paintings, so that parts of Him can be carried unknowingly into the homes of Muslims. 



If anybody would like to donate any painting mediums, that would be so thoroughly appreciated, as I can only go out for as long as my supplies last. For more info, my email is: arielivey1993@yahoo.com . Thankyou so much for every prayer that is lifted for Mali, you are helping make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment