Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dark am I

Through listening to a song written by a dear friend, the Lord has revealed some things to me that I really feel  I must begin to apply to my life. The lyrics of the song read, “Dark am I yet lovely.”   The perspective that I have of myself is one that totally contradicts everything that the Lord says about me. In my own eyes, I am dark. There is nothing good inside of me. However, the view of my Maker is that regardless of how dark you or I may be, we are lovely. He see’s perfection in every ounce of our being, and He longs each and every day to begin to pull that perfection out into the light for all of creation to see.  The image that comes to mind is that of certain Muslim women, who cover their bodies entirely in black, including their faces. . Leaving only their eyes to give a small glimpse of who they are. If knowing God, is seeking and learning His face, then that must mean that there is something intimate in the face of each and every person. Yet we so often pull a veil over ourselves and do not allow the Lord to come into a place of intimacy where we are naked and bare before Him. I think that’s how Jesus wants to be with us, and want us to be with Him. He calls us to take off the veil that covers up what He already knows is underneath. So, I am taking off the veil. Because though I may be dark, I am lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment