Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ne be taara.

As my time here in Mali is coming to an end, I am so thankful to have been privileged to serve the Lord these past nine months from the continent of Africa. While I thought that I would be bringing something to this country, this country gave more to me than what I could have ever given to it. I have been able to study a new language, culture, and people.. And with that has come the opportunity to learn many life lessons that I shall carry with me for the rest of my life. I have learned what it takes to “live” in a foreign country, and through the struggle of learning the Lord has taught me who I truly am in Him, not who I am in the world that surrounds me.  The Lord has taught me what it means to let Him define me, rather than my circumstance.  I am going to miss each of the little faces that have helped me paint during the week, and all of the babies at the orphanage that I have grown so attached to, as well as the missionary team here.

 Although sad to close this chapter, I am excited for the next one.  Upon my arrival on the 15th of October, I will begin helping my church send out 12 families next year, to 12 different countries. It is certainly true that one does not have to be in another country to be involved in Missions, and I am thrilled to be able to be a part of what God is doing in the lives of those that are soon to be around me.

Thank you, for your support, encouragement, and most importantly your prayers. My experience here would not have been possible without your help.. And you have been the hands and feet of Jesus. I am so thankful to have been able to partner with each and every person that has so graciously assisted me in my journey to Bamako. Continue to pray for the Muslim nation of Mali, and for each of the missionaries that remain here. You guys are awesome, and I look forward to seeing you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment